In celebration of H!P's new Orange Crunch Oat M!lk Chocolate Bar, the wonderful @becs_fitbites has created the MOST delicious recipe for soft, buttery (without the dairy) and gooey vegan chocolate orange cookies. We all know that orange chocolate is a match made in heaven, and this plant-based bake showcases the classic combination in all its glory.
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegan butter
1 cup plain flour (or gluten free flour)
2/3 cup cacao powder
1 tsp orange extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 H!P Orange Crunch Bar, but this should be measured with your heart, so feel free to use more
1-3 tbsp plant milk (as always, we suggest oat milk)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Cream together the vegan butter with the white and brown sugar and orange extract.
3. Sieve in the flour, cacao powder and the baking soda. Use your hands to mix these together. The mixture will look dry and crumbly.
4. Add 1-3 tbsp of any plant milk (add bit by bit, it comes together quicker than you realise- don’t let it get too wet).
5. Roll into balls.
6. At this point, you can leave the mixture balls to chill for 30 mins in the fridge or, if you're in a rush, you can put them in the oven straight away.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will be soft when they come out but they continue to bake whilst out the oven so don’t be tempted to over bake them!
8. Once you have taken the cookies out the oven, add some a square or two of H!P orange chocolate and push it into the centre.
9. Let them cool and then enjoy! Store in an airtight container.
Be sure to share to share and tag us @hipchocolate if you make these delicious dairy-free chocolate delights!