At H!P, we like our fruit covered in chocolate and stuffed with peanut butter. It's just the way we are. When chocolate is melting anyway during the summer months, it feels like the perfect excuse to make the perfect chocolate snack: chocolate covered dates filled with peanut butter.
The natural sweetness and caramel-like flavour of dates goes unbelievably well with our salted caramel chocolate, and the nutty, rich peanut butter pulls it away from being too sweet, so your left with a salty, sweet, nutty vegan chocolate snack that takes just minutes to prepare.
Read the recipe below and thank us later.
- H!P Salted Caramel Oat Milk Chocolate Bar (or as many as you like - you measure chocolate with your heart)
- Medjool Dates
- Peanut Butter (we recommend ManiLife's Deep Roast Smooth for a full flavour)
1. Melt your H!P Chocolate gently either in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl over simmering water.
2. Slice your dates in half lengthways.
3. Place a layer of peanut butter on one of the date halves, and close the date back together.
4. Place the date in a bowl of melted chocolate, giving it a swirl so that the chocolate covers the entire date. Repeat these steps on as many dates as your heart desires.
5. Place the chocolate covered, peanut butter filled dates in the fridge for 15-30 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.
The end result? Beautiful, awe-inspiring, incredible bites of bliss. No, we're not exaggerating. This is plant-based snacking at its absolute best and the perfect pick-me-up for any time of day. Whilst we'd love to say that just one of these is enough to satisfy our sweet tooth, that would be a lie.
P.S If you're a peanut butter and chocolate fanatic like us, you're going to LOVE our Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffle Bites.