At H!P, we take Pancake Day seriously and we hold firm on our belief that pancakes aren't proper pancakes without a bit of chocolate. When we launched our new chocolate pouches, we knew they would make perfect pancake toppers, and we certainly weren't disappointed.
We're sharing our favourite vegan chocolate chip pancake recipe so that you can make Pancake Day as delicious as ours.
- 135g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 150ml plant-based milk (our favourite is obviously oat m!lk)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 15ml coconut oil, melted
- As much H!P chocolate as your heart desires, broken into small chunks
1. Mix together the flour, baking powder and sea salt.
2. Stir in your H!P chocolate chunks (you can also use our Chocolate Buttons for this).
3. Heat your m!lk until warm, add the sugar and melted coconut oil and mix well.
4. Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and use a fork to mix until there are no lumps in the batter.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat (use a little oil if necessary) and add a portion of batter into your heated pan (measure with your heart). Cook the first side for a few minutes before flipping and cooking for another 3 minutes.
6. Once you've made your pancakes - this mixture should make around 6 pancakes - you can stack, add some melted H!P and maple syrup, pour over some Peanut Butter Truffle Bites and Caramel Crunch Chocolate Peanuts and feel incredibly pleased with yourself.
7. Tag us in your delicious pancake creations - @hipchocolate.